We currently have two job vacancies:-
Full Time - Assistant Manager
Full Time - Grounds Person / Handy Person
FULL TIME GROUND PERSON / HANDY PERSON
Blaby Parish Council has a full time vacancy for a person to work in the village of Blaby; mainly on the maintenance and cultivation of the Council's lands and premises.
Work as reasonably directed by the Parish Council, to include duties such as:
- Grass Cutting
- Hedge Trimming
- Litter Control, including the emptying of litter / dog bins
- Building Maintenance
- Play Equipment Maintenance
- Path Laying
- Opening / Closing Park Toilets & Barriers
- Plus any other duties applicable to the post.
Your working week is 38 hours per week and may include Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays & evenings as required for Council events.
Please apply using the application form which can be found using the link below, you will also find a copy of the full job specification and salary details.
Application are to be marked Private & Confidential and sent to:-
Mrs V Jepson (Manager), Blaby Parish Council, Blaby Civic Centre, 22/24 Leicester Road, Blaby, Leicester, LE8 4GQ.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 2nd August 2019
The job application and job description can be viewed using the following links:-
- ADVERT - FULL TIME GROUND PERSON / HANDY PERSON (MS Word, 184 Kb)
- JOB SPEC - FULL TIME GROUND PERSON / HANDY PERSON (MS Word, 59 Kb)
- APPLICATION FORM - FULL TIME GROUND PERSON / HANDY PERSON (MS Word, 208 Kb)
JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSISTANT MANAGER
You will be a team player, but you should also possess the ability to work on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision. We will require a confident, positive disposition to deal with the general public enquiring both face to face and over the telephone.
Your working week is 37 hours per week to be flexible and may include Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays, evenings as required. Days/hours off in lieu.
To be part of the office team carrying out duties in respect of effectively and efficiently running the business of the Council and to be under the supervision of the Council's Manager.
You will also be required to attend all Blaby Parish Council's evening meetings to include the Annual Parish Meetings, Public Meetings, Committee Meetings and Working Party
Meetings and record decisions and recommendations made under their relevant headings.
- In the absence of the Manager supervise any other members of staff as their line manager in keeping with the policies of the Council
- Ability to work with the General Public
- Attend meetings of the Council and assist in preparation of the minutes for approval
- Room Hire & Lease – Room Bookings, Order and Prepare Catering
- Cemetery – Liaise with Funeral Directors & Memorial Masons and complete the relevant documentation
- Allotments – Annual Rent letters and allocation of allotment plots
- Parks – Monitor the Councils parks and allocate annual football pitch hire
- Monitor and Maintain the Councils - Website/Facebook & Twitter accounts
- Assets Register – To be kept up to date at all times and inform the Councils insurance company of any amendments
- Monitor & Order Stationery
- Attend Training Courses as and when required
- General Office & Administration Duties
- Any Other Duties Required by the Manager
- Type up all reports, committee and council minutes
- JOB VACANCY - ASSISTANT MANAGER (MS Word, 189 Kb)
- JOB VACANCY - ASSISTANT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION (Word Document, 77 Kb)
- JOB VACANCY - ASSISTANT MANAGER - APPLICATION FORM (MS Word, 208 Kb)